Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More from thursday

Ambermile

Thanks people. These are all a bit rough as I have no guidescope set up atm (hence targets near the pole) but should get the FS60 next week. Sadly it means the Megrez 80FD has to go to make way for it but I think it's a fair swap given the flat field on the little 60. Once I get the guiding running again I can go deeper. Just in time for summer :D

Arthur

Hmm. Well, the Vixen can be barlowed maybe 4x with little or no degradation of image but with the best will in the world at that mag the FD won't cut it guiding I'm afraid (and I love WO scopes). As far as I can take the Vixen, the little Tak can follow, so really it's a case of a smaller and lighter guidescope that can keep up with the imaging scope wherever I want to take it. And the Tak does have an *amazingly* flat field. You have to remember the Vixen is f/7 like the WO, and though the Tak is F/5.something it takes the magnification better. That and the fact that I used to have an FS60C a couple years ago and miss it terribly as a grab and go :D

arthur

Archived