Cygnus Mosaic 11 Panes... hopefully another 3 tonight...

Psychobilly

psychobilly-albums-psychobillys-astro-images-picture1857-cm-sp1-7-fp1-4.jpg

I'm working on half sized images now to speed things up will work on the balance between panes etc once the data is complete... This is still 6k x 5k and 220 MB

Hope to add another 3 panes tonight...

Food bed and a few hours ugly first though ... hopefully...

Peter...

Excellent Peter.

You dont really get an idea of just how busy this constellation is when imaging/observing individual objects like the Crescent, NA etc but this mosaic really puts it all into context.

Great stuff

Philj

I'm watching this in absolute awe mate.

I can't wait to see where you end up :icon_salut:

I bet you've worked out how many panes you need for the entire northern hemisphere...? I bet you have!

Ant

Thanks All got another 4 panes tonight and a tester for the 1st for tomorrow...

Ant... ... I was lying in the obs thinking that i need to write a spreadsheet that you enter the FOV of the imaging setup in DMS then the Center co-ords in HMS(RA) and DMS(DEC) and the Percentage overlap and it will then calculated the center co-ords of the mosaic for say 10 panes in each direction...

See how i get on today - got to get my head round the conversions first I am sure the info will be out there somewhere...

Peter...

Archived