Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crescent nebula HaHaRGB

MartinB

My FSQ came with boxes and boxes of adaptors (all extra to the price:mad:) so that I could use it at prime focus or with the Tak 0.73 reducer. Working it all out is worse that flaming Meccano and the manual is of the chocolate fireguard variety of help. Anyway I finally got it sorted on Saturday afternoon and got the 72.2mm spacing with the QSI camera sorted (might be a tad out on the 0.2mm!) Thought about using the QHY8 wth it's big FOV but can't tear myself away from the QSI 532.

With the reducer brings the FSQ to around f/l 370 F3.6

This was taken over Saturday and Sunday night

Ha 30x5mins R+G 12x40 secs and B 12x60 secs, all unbinned. Not much colour since I was really just wanting to get some colour in the stars.

I checked the field flatness with CCDinspector and it was as flat as Holland so pleased that the spacing is sorted.

The colour image is a cocktail of Ha and RGB. The mono is plain old Astronomik 13nm Ha

post-12794-13387737471_thumb.jpg

post-12794-133877374719_thumb.jpg

Thank's Coco. There's always lots to learn. I'm trying to get to grips with CCDstack at the moment. In the end I wimped out and stuck with Maxim.

Here's a gentler version of the mono

post-12794-133877374744_thumb.jpg

Archived