M13 (What a difference a year makes!)

Aza

Hi

M13 was one of the first DSOs I imaged last year.

Here is a comparison to show what a years progress looks like :)

These are both a total exposure of 1 hour.

Can you tell which is which?? :cool:

Disclaimer: Its not really a fair comparison though. My latest shot is with a modded camera, from a darker site, and with longer sub exposures.

m13c.jpg

200806m13.jpg

Thanks Rog.

Thats all down to this forum! I would never have even been able to take the first one, nevermind the latest one, without all the help I have got from here!

Cheers everyone :cool:

Can you share how you increased the star colour? I often find that the DSLR does not pick up as strong colours, even increasing the saturation is often not good enough.

Very nice image BTW, I would be chuffed with that!

Sure thing.

Instead of saturation, use MATCH COLOUR. It works really well as does not increase the noise too much.

For extra colour in specific stars, I used the SPONGE tool (where the dodge and burn tools are). Set it to saturate and have the brush size so it covers the stars and click away.

A handy tip for increasing/decreasing the brush size to fit, is to use the [ ] keys.

Archived