Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M92 - Work in Progress...

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Whilst I am waiting for M57 to arise from behind those *&^!#! trees, I am having a go at M92 the second glob in Hercules...

Last night, I ran off a series of subs through the 2x barlow on the F/7 scope using Ha/OIII/Hb - the OIII and Hb are not quite parfocal with the Ha though - something I have to sort out. However, the Ha subs were perfectly in focus, so I used them for the centre of tonights LRGB subs (just 200:100:100:100 x 2 so far.)

Here is the preliminary results so far - looks like this is going to be an easy one :cool:

Thanks for looking!

Richie

post-14845-133877373473_thumb.jpg

Right - here she is then - stats are:

<b>Scope:</b> Astro Professional 102ED @ F/14<br>

<b>Camera:</b> Starlight Xpress SXV-H9<br>

<b>Guide Scope:</b> Williams Optics Zenithstar 66mm<br>

<b>Guide Camera:</b> SX Guidehead<br>

<b>Exposure (Ha):</b> 5 x 300 seconds<br>

<b>Exposure (L):</b> 6 x 200 seconds<br>

<b>Exposure (RGB):</b> 6 x 100 seconds<br>

Heres the image:

2009-05-19-M92-Ha5x300-Clear6x200-RGB6x100-process2-small.jpg

Thanks,

Richie

Yup - your right - the LRGB is what to do with this - the Ha gives definition in the core though - the central part is ALL Ha luminance - I'll have to grab some more subs I suppose.... probably just L though - I think theres enough colour data to be going on with.

Cheers,

Richie

Archived