Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new tent..

Doc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cool: Pack up for the night !!!

I am hoping for dusk to dawn on a couple of nights...

Heheh, To me it is always the biggest irony that at star parties, even when you get an amazingly clear night, the vast majority of campers disappear to bed before 1am.

At Kelling last Autumn I had at least 5 all nighters on the trot, but I remember going over to the red field to see who was awake, at around 3am, and there wasn't a sign of life anywhere, apart from the one regular guy who is always there at the bottom of the red field.

Mind you, I think we did get moaned at for noise at SGL4..... seems the neighbours didnt appreciate it.

Heheh, To me it is always the biggest irony that at star parties, even when you get an amazingly clear night, the vast majority of campers disappear to bed before 1am.

Exactly right! I've been to four or five star parties in Pa. now, and most people are in bed by 1:00. I often stay up until 4 AM, but am one of the few remaining at that time. I really wonder why some people bother to come at all. The guy with the HUGE refractor was in bed before midnight. I went over to his tent hoping to have a look, and everything was buttoned down.

It looks like a really nice tent Mick, At SGL4 a few people had similar tents and were able to store all there scopes and equipment with no problems from what I saw.

I would reccomend a large wind breaker their cheap and you can create more room on the pitch for your self and for your eqipment to sit behind.

Best of luck putting it up for the first time.

Cheers

Neil

It looks like a really nice tent Mick, At SGL4 a few people had similar tents and were able to store all there scopes and equipment with no problems from what I saw.

I would reccomend a large wind breaker their cheap and you can create more room on the pitch for your self and for your eqipment to sit behind.

Best of luck putting it up for the first time.

Cheers

Neil

Thats a good idea Neil. At this rate I'll need a bigger car :cool:

Hoping to stay up at least till 03.00.

Thats a good idea Neil. At this rate I'll need a bigger car :cool:

Hoping to stay up at least till 03.00.

Around here, I would pitch it with the door facing east, as the prevailing wind and most of the bad weather is from the west. A large group of English Boy Scouts visited us in 1999, and many had that style of tent, which seemed to be excellent. Avoid camping under trees, as things can fall out of trees (branches, etc.) and the rain will continue to fall from the tree long after it has stopped falling from the sky.

Archived