SVbony SV555 - A curious mini triplet astrograph lens

They are certainly overly loose with their marketing of the item.

Interferometery test report shown on item page shows 0.997 Strehl :D - although they did scale it down so you can't really read info on the image properly, but something tells me - the report is for another piece of optics and not this lens.

Now what would make you think that ;)?

In all fairness SVbony have been making some decent telescopes of late and I have no issues with the 30mm guidescope I use.

Edited by Elp

31 minutes ago, Elp said:

Now what would make you think that ;)?

In all fairness SVbony have been making some decent telescopes of late and I have no issues with the 30mm guidescope I use.

I think they are a very Chinese company looking to sell to the west via Google translate. 

I've bought their cooled imx585 which seems fine and their svbony "I can't believe it's not an l extreme" sv220 with it's own mass printed emission chart. 

Most of the astro industry looks homogenised sold by few companies made by limited number of factories. This brings down cost and has standardisation benefits for consumers luckily. And coloured anodised aluminium. Even wood lol

• Like 1

I agree, the wording and/or graphics on the Svbony ads and website are sometimes a bit ... idiosyncratic. Actually, it's often the case that their descriptions undersell or undermine products that perform quite decently.

• Like 1