The Draco triplet (ngc5981,5982,5985)

rich_t

Hi, I saw of picture of these in a magazine a few months ago but forgot about it until last weekend as it wasn't well placed for me at the time. The galaxies are between 11th and 12th magnitude, the FOV of the pic is approx 20 arc mins (LX90 LNT+f3.3 reducer with Starlight Xpress MX716 on EQ6).

I thought it looked like some kind of galaxy classification diagram with the three different types all in a row!

Exposure was L=81mins, RGB=12mins binned at around F4-4.5 ish. Colour is a bit weak as I didn't get time for more colour before the weather flipped.

Thanks for looking,

Rich.

I

post-13484-133877372586_thumb.jpg

Hi Rich, this photo is lovely. The galaxies are in such a perfect composition that it does look like some kind of classification image, as you said! You have captured them really well, it is lovely to have an image with such a range of galaxy views. There's a couple of other fuzzy-like things in there too, for instance, 8o'clock to the middle one - wonder if they are other galaxies?

Keep it up:)

Amanda

Thanks for the comments and the Galaxy ID Peter! I've just tweaked the colour balance of the image as it was a bit greenish, didn't notice this when there was more daylight on my monitor.

Cheers,

Rich.

Archived