Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uranometria?

stefski

Hi All,

My in-laws live in the US and are coming over in a few weeks. Seeing as Uranometria 2000 is so expensive and difficult to get hold of here I was going to buy it and have it shipped to them. I was wondering though.....There are two books, 'Uranometria' itself and 'Uranometria Volume 3 The Deep Sky Field Guide'. I've read a review of the latter, but it wasn't very clear. Does the DSFG have the star maps from U2000, or does one usually have to buy both books?

Woo, never knew Uranometria 2000 was rare. I've got a copy on my bookcase which I look at about once a month. It's a cracking book, but does nothing the free Mag 7 star charts won't do. A friend of mine printed out the Mag 7 charts, laminated them and put them in a ring folder - jobsagoodun!

Vol 1 has the maps, Vol3 is the detailed catalogue:

220 tables containing:

One table for each of the Chart#, with details of all Non-stellar objects, Position and description.

Contains, 25895 galaxies, 1617 Open Clusters, 170 Globular Clusters, 14 Star Clouds, 377 Bright Nebulae, 367 Dark Nebulae, and 1144 Planetary Nebulae.

Hope this helps!

Archived