NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QSI Cameras for Astronomy

They're back! 🙂 

The QSI 760 Full-Format cameras, with Sony IMX455 CMOS sensors, are in production and can be sourced in around one week. 

The QSI 726 APS-C cameras, with Sony IMX571 CMOS sensors, are moving into production so should be available in about one month. 

QSI cameras are best known for their integrated designs, exquisite engineering and bulletproof reliability. We are assured that these new QSI cameras are designed and manufactured with the same philosophy and ethos. 

The image below and on our product pages are renders, but we will soon replace them with actual product photos. 

qsi_700_series_astronomt_cameras_render.jpg.c9acd53aed78a60773314095587029f9.jpg

qsi_astronomy_camera_specifications.jpg.4942e05da8b7d84bffdc8ea97118eb51.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Wow that’s some price for a IMX571 camera and filter wheel….😮😮😮

But I bet it will be a quality item..

We have not seen a production model, but we expect it to be impressive. 

5 hours ago, FLO said:

QSI cameras are best known for their integrated designs, exquisite engineering and bulletproof reliability. We are assured that these new QSI cameras are designed and manufactured with the same philosophy and ethos. 

A European manufacturer (QSI cameras are manufactured in Portugal) cannot compete with a Chinese manufacturer on price. Instead, they must focus on design and quality of manufacture. 

If the 700 series are, as they say, designed and manufactured with the same philosophy and ethos as the previous models, then the cameras will be expensive. Their success in the marketplace will depend on how many astrophotographers value and can afford premium design and manufacturing. 

Similar to Tele Vue. Tele Vue unapologetically makes each of their telescopes and eyepieces the best they can be. Their price, then, is whatever is necessary for them to achieve this. 

These are interesting times 🙂 

Steve 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FLO said:

A European manufacturer (QSI cameras are manufactured in Portugal) cannot compete with a Chinese manufacturer on price. Instead, they must focus on design and quality of manufacture. 

If the 700 series are, as they say, designed and manufactured with the same philosophy and ethos as the previous models, then the cameras will be expensive. Their success in the marketplace will depend on how many astrophotographers value and can afford premium design and manufacturing. 

This reminds me of Tele Vue. Tele Vue unapologetically make each of their telescopes and eyepieces the best they can be. Its price, then, is whatever it must be for them to achieve this. 

These are interesting times 🙂 

Steve 

They can also compete on service since there is a big issue regarding the service and repair of products with no European workshop backup.

Olly

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

European

Don't know if this makes a difference from international for UK landlocked folk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Steve 

Steve.

Can you check out the .PDF QSI Product Brochure that you host on the FLO website, linked in your opening post, it appears to be corrupted and displays garbled text when viewed in a browser window on an iPad, haven’t looked at it yet on a PC/Mac where it might be ok….

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Oddsocks said:

Can you check out the .PDF QSI Product Brochure that you host on the FLO website, linked in your opening post, it appears to be corrupted and displays garbled text when viewed in a browser window on an iPad, haven’t looked at it yet on a PC/Mac where it might be ok….

Thanks for the heads up 🙂 

I have removed it from my post and our product pages. I'll let them know and request another. 

Steve 

I wish every success to QSI (Atik) with these premium quality cameras, but I feel I must respond to the adverse comments on the Chinese supplied kit. It’s only my experience but I had no issues with getting an out of warranty Chinese camera repaired by the manufacturer. Four weeks turn around door to door, a fair price and I was kept fully informed throughout the process.

• Like 3