Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M97 (Owl) & M108

gaelicstorm7

Right....... went out last with the intention of having another go at the Leo triplet, but images seemed really poor :lol: so decided to have a crack at the M97 (the owl) and M108 found them and started snapping away here's the result.

19 x 90 seconds 1600asa with Megrez/EQ5/Canon 350D

first image is my processing effort, second one is the images out of the camera but stacked, wondered if anyone would like to have a play and see what they can make of it, can't be any worse than my effort, I'm kinda dissapointed with it :) :)

Thanks

Alan

post-12879-133877319724_thumb.jpg

post-12879-133877319729_thumb.jpg

I like your image Alan and am not sure why you are disappointed with it. You will need to crank up the focal length to make if you want the owl to look a good size but then you will loose the wide angle perspective. I've had a little fiddle and think I have managed to preserve a bit more of 108.

image.jpg

thanks for the comments guys and the re-edit Martin (looks great :D), think I was dissapointed as I was expecting "more", but I think the scale of some of these DSO's still surprise me, I expect them to be larger than they are especially through my little Megrez.

Alan

Archived