NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL 2024 Nightime Landscape

Many apologies for the late announcement of the results.  I have been away cycling along the Rhine for the past 5 weeks.

I had high hopes for this challenge but the entries exceeded all expectations.  It was painfully hard to judge with many stunning images having to be left out of the frame.  We could very happily picked a completely different top 3.

1) Fenland Paul - Aurora

image.thumb.jpeg.c878ad8c46ff9d72108ebf9692c120a7.jpeg

As expected, there were some stunning aurora images.  We loved Paul's rendition of the aurora and the symbolic connection with the radio telescope

2) Emyliano - Milky Way Selfie

MeandTheMilky-Waycopy31.jpg.thumb.jpg.630348791014416437d7445e4b752f48.jpg

This is just ridiculously good!  A breathtaking image.

3) Gerr - Comet 12P/ Pons-Brook over Quarry Park Lake

E40A88F5-80BC-44EA-A461-E6A1A3C36C90.thumb.jpeg.87c0e300361b3f466d9f319ed45706aa.jpeg

Lots to see here.  The comet looks splendid and I'm pretty sure I can see its reflection in the lake!

Finally, a special mention to Lukebl and his solar eclipse image.  He wondered whether this qualified as a night time image and I don't know either!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Wow, thank you so much - what a lovely surprise. I like to think that this is just a proxy for all of the aurora images from everyone - it was so exciting to see so many bucket-list shots from people on that special night. 

Congratulations to @Gerr and @emyliano2000 too - two nightscape imagers that I really look up to and inspire me. 😊

• Like 4