NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore Scientific ED127 gets a serious focuser upgrade...

Hi All,

Been toying with idea of a decent (ish) focuser for the ES127. The standard 2.5" Hex focuser is fine for casual visual work but later wouldn't mind hanging some imaging gear on the back of it.

Initially was thinking FT or Moonlite focuser (as you do) but settled on the TS-Optics 3.7" rack n pinion (TSFOC37) as the others don't seem to come up for sale often these days. (plus it had to go on the credit card)

Anyway, It was quite a job making an adapter for it to fit the ES127. It took a couple of days and I felt compelled to document it and whittle it down to a 11 min video clip (give or take a few seconds)

So if you're thinking about doing something similar, this may give you some idea of what is required but my advice... buy one if you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2FdatcxCsM&t=122s

Disclaimer:

This video is not a tutorial! I'm not a machinist by any stretch. I'm probably not meeting all the h&s guidance laid out by the HSE and it's also possible that this will not even work!

Thanks for watching

• Like 8

I watched this earlier and then forgot to comment, sorry.
That is nice work and a good end result.

It was also good to see I am not the only one who catches or cuts myself doing things.

• Like 1

Thanks!

A lot of swarf... I was pulling it out of my hair, shoes and pockets for days. Even after sourcing the closest sized lump of Aluminium it was still a big bundle waste. Would have been nice to melt it back into a block for another job.

On 09/06/2024 at 18:30, whooshbang said:

Hi All,

Been toying with idea of a decent (ish) focuser for the ES127. The standard 2.5" Hex focuser is fine for casual visual work but later wouldn't mind hanging some imaging gear on the back of it.

Initially was thinking FT or Moonlite focuser (as you do) but settled on the TS-Optics 3.7" rack n pinion (TSFOC37) as the others don't seem to come up for sale often these days. (plus it had to go on the credit card)

Anyway, It was quite a job making an adapter for it to fit the ES127. It took a couple of days and I felt compelled to document it and whittle it down to a 11 min video clip (give or take a few seconds)

So if you're thinking about doing something similar, this may give you some idea of what is required but my advice... buy one if you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2FdatcxCsM&t=122s

Disclaimer:

This video is not a tutorial! I'm not a machinist by any stretch. I'm probably not meeting all the h&s guidance laid out by the HSE and it's also possible that this will not even work!

Thanks for watching

Thanks for sharing, I also subscribed to your channel. And by using DoMyPaper at https://domypaper.com/ was one of the best decisions I've made for my studies. The writer delivered an excellent paper that met all my guidelines. The customer support was also very helpful throughout the process. I highly recommend DoMyPaper to any student in need of writing help.

Thanks for sharing, I also subscribed to your channel :)

Edit: I would love to see more videos from you :) I am sorry for very late reply. hehe

Edited by ShawnLanders
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnLanders said:

Thanks for sharing, I also subscribed to your channel :)

Many thanks!

I may do a video on fitting an electronic focuser in the near future. among other things.