Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade ETX Attachment.

Hi, I am looking for info on what appears to be a view finder the same as the one in the picture. I have one of these, it came with a Meade etx 125. It looks like a sort of lens on the side of it, mine does not have the "Lens" so just wondering where can I get one from ? Also there is a jack plug socket on the side of it what is it's purpose ? Thank you. Meade ETX-90 PE 3.5" Maksutov-Cassegrain w/ 35140331

54 minutes ago, Sheffield Col said:

Hi, I am looking for info on what appears to be a view finder the same as the one in the picture. I have one of these, it came with a Meade etx 125. It looks like a sort of lens on the side of it, mine does not have the "Lens" so just wondering where can I get one from ? Also there is a jack plug socket on the side of it what is it's purpose ? Thank you. Meade ETX-90 PE 3.5" Maksutov-Cassegrain w/ 35140331

I'm sure this is a

55 minutes ago, Sheffield Col said:

This looks like a red dot finder, red dot projects onto the screen at the side the you point the scope at the object,there a a few different types on the market.

31 minutes ago, Sheffield Col said:

I have 12 v adapter that plugs into the base, is it the same one ? 

Before plugging anything in to the socket you should check that it is a power socket. The smartfinder is powered by a small battery (CR2032 ?). I suspect that the socket is for meade's audiostar output.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that it's for star alignment....I think a "deluxe" model had the feature.

EDIT: After clicking on the link above it's Autostar :)

Edited by Bruce Leeroy

9 minutes ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that it's for star alignment....I think a "deluxe" model had the feature.

EDIT: After clicking on the link above it's Autostar :)

Yes, from what I can make out it's a battery operated Red Dot Finder, they call it an LNT module the socket is for a device that updates time & locacation during Autostar controller startup... (a GPS module) guess it's an add on accessory, Meade call it an Atomic  Time Update Module!

Peter