Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm still speechless after last nights Aurora display. I had been reading the hype all day so decided to risk heading up to north Norfolk to hopefully capture it. I was running late due to some annoying road works and was about 45 minutes away from my destination when I noticed the display out the car window. I pulled over next to a field and as soon as I pointed the camera in the direction of the pillars that I noticed, the camera just lit up. I spent a couple of hours in the field before then heading to Cley windmill, my original destination. The display was still on going when I got to the windmill so spent about an hour there enjoying the show, I could see the pillars and the red, pink and green colours by eye, absolutely amazing!

NorthNorfolkAurora-1.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-5.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-6.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-7.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-8.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-10.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-12.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-15.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-17.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-22.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-24.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-27.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-28.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-31.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-33.jpg

NorthNorfolkAurora-35.jpg

• Like 25

Posted (edited)

It was inspirational, truly magnificent and wee reminder, as if we need it, how beautiful this world can be.

ps - I love the photograph with the boat  - as though it is adrift in the sky across a sea of colour. 

Jim

Edited by saac
  • Like 2

Beautiful set of images.  I was considering heading to Norfolk late that afternoon but was a little concerned it would get foggier there earlier so I stayed reasonably local.  But the weather ended up being better than expected for everyone, which was awesome!! These images are keepers, that's for sure! 🤩

• Thanks 1

Stunning images just brilliant. It was an amazing show wasn't it and just simply all over the sky. I doubt will get something like that for a long time. 

What set up did you use? 

Clear skies 

Lee 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Beautiful set of images.  I was considering heading to Norfolk late that afternoon but was a little concerned it would get foggier there earlier so I stayed reasonably local.  But the weather ended up being better than expected for everyone, which was awesome!! These images are keepers, that's for sure! 🤩

Thanks Paul. Sadly parts of Norfolk did fog up, mostly over on the North East, my parents mist it because of the fog, they drove around for an hour trying to find a clear patch. I was considering two locations, Happisburgh light house over on the East coast and Cley wind mill, I'm thankful for chosing Cley!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Stunning images just brilliant. It was an amazing show wasn't it and just simply all over the sky. I doubt will get something like that for a long time. 

What set up did you use? 

Clear skies 

Lee 

Thank you, yeah it was just beautiful, very lucky to have witnessed it. I was using my Fuji XT-2 and the Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 lens.