Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

...windy as, had me hiding on a slope sheltering from the westerly gale.  Anything for a bit of clear sky.

One of the usual.  Light painted barn on an upslope to get Leo nicely framed.  About 8 subs for sky stacked with Sequator.  Stopped down the lens and reduced iso for foreground lit images, about 4.  Processed with LR and PS.  The barn corners do have a taper in the stonework as well as converging verticals  :) 

The other is ~8 x 30s, iso1600, f3.5 tracked on MSM.  Always fancied getting the 'big' asterisms of Ursa Major and Leo in a single frame.   Canon R8, Sigma 24mm.   Quite a few Messier and NGC galaxies also lurking.  Some in annotated version.  Cheers, Paul.

U Leo Barn.jpg

Leo UMa.jpg

Leo_UMa_Annotated.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 7

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Tuesday hooley...MID EDIT ATM
  • clarkpm4242 changed the title to Tuesday hooley...

Very nice indeed Paul. Sometimes you just got to brave the weather's and get out there and you've been rewarded. The foreground of the light painted barn is beautiful and I like how Leo appears to be leaping over it. 

Thank you and clear skies.

Lee

• Thanks 1

You've coped with adversity well I see. Another nice barn.

Good to see you're still driving the quality forwards and your light painting is getting even smoother,

Dave.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davew said:

Good to see you're still driving the quality forwards and your light painting is getting even smoother,

Thank you.  Can bit a bit hit and miss, needing to remember all the 'tricks' when my brain is asleep...

• Like 1