NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Choices - SL 20mm 2" 80 UWA or Nagler 22 t4....Glasses wearer - Astigmatic.

21 minutes ago, Alan White said:

With all these replies and my look through and at a t4,
no surprise I am in the state of Paralysis from Analysis!

Hmmmmmm.

It’s the common curse……paralysis by analysis……..been there, done that way too often😳

• Like 1

I won't lie, the 22mm NT4 is nice and sharp edge to edge compared to the 22mm Redline 70.  It was enough different to persuade me to retire the Redline to the B-Team case in favor of the NT4 despite the tighter eye relief and slight SAEP in the NT4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Louis D said:

I won't lie, the 22mm NT4 is nice and sharp edge to edge compared to the 22mm Redline 70.  It was enough different to persuade me to retire the Redline to the B-Team case in favor of the NT4 despite the tighter eye relief and slight SAEP in the NT4.

What scope was that in, Louis?  If a reflector, was that with a coma corrector and if so which one?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Alan White said:

With all these replies and my look through and at a t4,
no surprise I am in the state of Paralysis from Analysis!

Well having pondered a little while, often best to do so in my case, 
I have ordered the SL 20 and will see how much I can or cannot see with my glasses.

I have done this as it has been spoken of highly and the eye relief may or may not work for me,
That is the critical bit 'for me' as EP as so personal.

I would love a Nagler t4 22, it has a mythical status, but its not cheap and I cannot see the whole 82 degrees with my glasses on,
so if the SL is limited in the same way and excellent in quality, why not give it a try and report back.

After all FLO have a returns policy and this is very much one of the reasons why.

I will report back in due course.

Order placed around lunchtime today and notification sent not long after, that's FLO service for you.

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Second Time Around said:

What scope was that in, Louis?  If a reflector, was that with a coma corrector and if so which one?  Thanks.

I tried them both in the 72ED, 90 APO (both with TSFLAT2 field flatteners), 8" Dob with GSO CC, and 127 Mak.  I don't think I had the 6" f/5 Newt or 152 Achro at the time.  Both performed pretty consistently across all of them except for the slow Mak which closed the gap between them.

I will say the background seems darker in the NT4 than the Redline.  It might be for the same reason as with the Vixen LV line appearing darker: the use of rare earth glass types that contributes to their higher prices relative to their competitors.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well @FLO that was faster than ever, thank you. Ordered yesterday and delivered this morning.

Looks very nice indeed, watch this space on how it goes, does have an undercut, but a sensible shallow one.

Oh and very nice caps that actually fit and stay on.

IMG_8187.thumb.jpeg.d8d40ae11c46b7f5b4755d0d95dcc7ff.jpeg

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 4

I have had my scope out cooling to just have first test with the SL 20.

IMG_8213.thumb.jpeg.3aa52a87e3d1af506a2ae0c8e4745a99.jpeg

Full field with my glasses on touching fully the lowered eyecup, which I did not quite expect,
Very nice edge to edge and feels very flat on this first short test.

So all is good.

IMG_8219.thumb.jpeg.64183a14fe03d77816ef16a88e50d9f2.jpeg

• Like 2

How bad is you astigmatism? I have + or - 2, can’t remember, I find I can use 18mm er but 20mm is more comfortable. Good to hear this ep did not need any modifications to see the whole view

4 hours ago, DAT said:

How bad is you astigmatism? I have + or - 2, can’t remember, I find I can use 18mm er but 20mm is more comfortable. Good to hear this ep did not need any modifications to see the whole view

My Astigmatism is 1.5 if memory serves me again = or - I have no idea.
No modification, just with the eyecup fully down so far.
Sadly weather has stopped the chance for mor testing.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

I find the SL to be an excellent EP: sharp and flat across the FOV. I honestly have nothing negative to say about it.

I am the same so far, highly pleased with my initial handle and look through session.