Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M35

YogSothoth

1 minute ago, Mr Spock said:

Very nicely captured. It is a lovely sight in any size scope.

Thank you and yes, a very nice cluster. I could probably have drawn in more of the surrounding stars, but the clouds suddenly appeared….for a change 🤣

Nice sketch! I love that this cluster is also called the shoe-buckle cluster, it really looks like a shiny buckle on the foot of the twin Castor :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Gorgeous sketch. Looks like the real thing! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that and encourages me to post some more. I love sketching at the eyepiece as I find I really engage with what I’m looking at. 

20 hours ago, SwiMatt said:

Nice sketch! I love that this cluster is also called the shoe-buckle cluster, it really looks like a shiny buckle on the foot of the twin Castor :D

Thanks. I didn’t know that alternative name for the cluster, but I can see what you mean.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zermelo said:

My favourite OC, nice drawing.

Thanks. OCs are generally my favourite DSOs as they usually look like what they’re supposed to look like, rather than a grey smudge 🙂

• Haha 1