Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beelink mini pc lost Window 11 pro again

42 minutes ago, Anne S said:

I thought I'd cloned the MINIPC but I obviously hadn't done it properly! My recovery dvd didn't work either.

Download Macrium reflect, free edition, it’s superb for cloning…👍🏻

On 27/03/2024 at 17:12, Anne S said:

This is not the first time I've had to reinstall everything, it's the third

18 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

My strategy for dealing with Windows quirks is to just never connect my mini-pc to the internet - and i never have since i bought it in 2021. No auto updates, no cloud anything, no issues. The only 2 crash/other issues i have had happened when my PC got rained on, but that's understandable.

Exactly as I do it. In an earlier life I was an IT consultant and appreciate that when a saystem is working don't touch it! Only apply software updates if there is a need and of course keep a system backup for those hardware failures. My really cheap mini-pc works without problems.

Stick with it; I know IT can be frustrating at times!

On 27/03/2024 at 22:01, Rallemikken said:

You said it yourself.

Allow me to elaborate: Do you regard the control of your AP-rig as missioncritical? I do.  Windows was never considered. Soon ending my third full season, and never missed a minute of capture time. How? Linux.

It never stops to amaze me. Highly technically skilled folks, able to master a complicated AP-setup, and they lay their software foundations on Windows?

When NINA works on Linux , I'll be on it asap.

4 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

NINA will never be ported to Linux, so don’t hold your breath….👍🏻

I won't, but it would be nice. Looks good. KStars and Ekos does have some faults. Their sky-atlas is a disaster, and the whole user interface may be regarded as a little childish. That said, I can't see any feature in NINA that lacks in KStars/Ekos. 

People may use whatever OS they want, but I will encourage all to try Linux to get a taste of if. I left Microsoft 20 years ago myself, but still do support for friends and family with Windows. Computerwise, I consider the Windows/Linux divide as parallel universes. Grab an old laptop, install the latest Linux Mint, and go for an adventure!!

2 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

NINA will never be ported to Linux, so don’t hold your breath….👍🏻

I know ... Sadly but never say never 🤞🏻