Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adur Astro Society.

Trevor

He did M97 and M104 from raw subs to finished in 5 minutes flat* taking us through Maxim and CS and Noels tools and everything else and everthing I'd never heard of and ...

Thanks Richie but I'm still a gibbering wreck.... :icon_rolleyes:

*OK OK well I exaggerate a bit, but...

I should mention the other thing from that meeting, which was Steve (steppenwolf) presenting his new book - presented it so well I bought a copy on the spot (as did some others I think). No really: thanks Steve, I'm sure I shall be using it!

Thanks Pete for reminding me. I also bought Steve's book " Making every Proton count " and have just had time to look through it. In my opinion this is the best Imaging book that I have come across for the beginner upwards. Congratulations Steve.

Robin

CCD ? What dat then ?

Actually I am kind of distantly interested in imaging but only so long as I dont have to do it. I spend 8 houra day at work building databases, managing databases, typing, using excel etc etc as an administrator. When I get home I usually have another 2 hours in front of a PC managing websites, doing web marketing for people. AT weekends I can spend up to 8 hours a day working on web businesses in front of a PC.

If my hobby involved MORE PC time then I'd change my hobby.

Hehe - welcome to my world AB :icon_rolleyes:

Thats exactly why I go for the fast n dirty method of processing, instead of spending countless hours...

I did try and slow up for the talk - obviously not enough - I do plan to try and write the whole thing up at some point (with pictures) - would that be of interest to folk?

Cheers,

Richie

If my hobby involved MORE PC time then I'd change my hobby.

Well how about you do just the imaging, and pass the raws to someone else for the processing (sort of like the Greg-Noel partnership perhaps)? Only suggesting - and I'm not volunteering (my processing skills aren't up to much anyway).
I do plan to try and write the whole thing up at some point (with pictures) - would that be of interest to folk?
yes please, good idea! Especially include lots of screenshots of the intermediate stages e.g. where you were stretching and unstretching on the histo.

Gawd no - I couldn't be doing the basic pic taking either. I dont want to sit in a cold field waiting for hour on end for an image to be taken, messing about with frift alignment, PEC, PAE, Autoguiding (more gear to lug) brrrrrrr no thanks.

Ahhhhhh - well, thats why I used my network skillz to good effect AB - I sit INSIDE, and remote connect to the observatory - in the winter I have a nice log fire going as well whilst I watch the telly...

Its amazing how quick windows can be over gigabit ethernet :icon_rolleyes:

Ohhh I am sounding all grumpy - I'd hate that - plus I'd like to say thanks to Richie for his talk and not give the impression I am carping or criticising. It was only friendly banter if anyone is wondering.

Gawd no - I couldn't be doing the basic pic taking either. I dont want to sit in a cold field waiting for hour on end for an image to be taken, messing about with frift alignment, PEC, PAE, Autoguiding (more gear to lug) brrrrrrr no thanks.

Sounds like heaven to me :icon_rolleyes:

James

Archived