Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Overnight Astro shoot opportunity for those in East Anglia

(Mods please remove or move if not appropriate here)

Hi all, @Cjg and I have been asked by the National Trust to guide an overnight astrophotography experience on the unique shingle spit at Orford Ness in Suffolk on Saturday 13 April.

Home to Europe’s largest expanse of vegetated shingle, Orford has a fascinating history as a secret weapons testing facility and was, until relatively recently, completely off limits to the public. The unique collection of structures from its days of military use create compelling foregrounds that cannot usually be accessed at night (on account of the risk of unexploded ordinance and whatnot!).

If you are based in East Anglia and would like to learn more, you can find details on the NT website below, or otherwise don’t hesitate to contact Chris or me directly (tickets must be purchased from the NT, however). It promises to me a fantastic adventure - I’m certainly excited about it!

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/suffolk/orford-ness-national-nature-reserve/events/f3ec5cfc-44a7-451a-baf8-8b31cac9a4fe

(Full disclosure: Chris and I are not being paid to guide the experience, but the NT have waived our own “ticket” price for the night).

All the best

Paul

• Like 10

Sounds like a rare chance to spend a night out there and it's very good of you both to run it.

I doubt I'll be able to get there but wish you luck with it. Please report back on how it went ( Another video in the offing ? )

Dave.

• Like 1

Just now, davew said:

Sounds like a rare chance to spend a night out there and it's very good of you both to run it.

I doubt I'll be able to get there but wish you luck with it. Please report back on how it went ( Another video in the offing ? )

Dave.

Thanks Dave - very kind. The priority is the guests but I hope I’ll be able to capture a low-key video to give a glimpse of what it’s like there. Super excited.

• Like 1