Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wbpp in pi virtually stops when it gets to plate solving reference frames

hi all just upgraded to the latest version of pi but now when i run the wbpp script it runs fine till it gets to the plate solving reference frames part, then looks like it would take hours to complete this part,never noticed this on the previous version ,any help appreciated ,thanks

Untitled.thumb.png.4d97372eb34ae252ee9d34af65063ce7.png

Isn't the plate solving step required to use the spectrophotometric colour calibration scripts? If it is then turning that stage off may have knock on effects later. I haven't processed any data since the update so I'll load up some files now to see what happens. I'll report back what I find. 

Jim  

It seemed to work ok here with the plate solving routine taking only 12s. I wonder if it is another setting somewhere that is causing the hang up. Would it be worthwhile resetting everything and trying again.  I just updated PI yesterday to try out the new gradient correction tool. 

Jim  

thumbnail_IMG_2854 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, saac said:

Isn't the plate solving step required to use the spectrophotometric colour calibration scripts? If it is then turning that stage off may have knock on effects later. I haven't processed any data since the update so I'll load up some files now to see what happens. I'll report back what I find. 

Jim  

It is but why do it hundreds of times when once will suffice?

I'd agree but is that what it is really doing? Mine completed the plate solving routine fairly quickly (12s) and then moved onto registration and the remaining tasks - these remaining tasks took around 36 minutes.  If you leave it running do you get any error message in the progress window?

Jim

Edited by saac

That’s what it seemed to be doing and it took ages and got stuck same as the  OP..  so I switched it off ..  maybe I haven’t got it set up correctly but as it works the way I do it I’m happy 

• Like 1