Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good to go

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

No you are not, they are already here in abundance.....🙂

Lovely set up BTW.

Thanks, still learning with the mount but great fun between the damn clouds! 

Love the mount but then I would do 😀.

That looks to be quite a heavy load on the mount but of course appearances can be deceptive, how much does it weigh?

I'm looking forward to reading how you get on with this and seeing some of your results.

Edit: just seen what the scope is so it looks like it's well within limits.

Edited by LaurenceT

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2024 at 20:03, scotttumsh said:

ye its a great little setup. though still trying to get used to the goto set up

Give Nina a ago

If I can do 3ppa and plate solving after 30 minutes of first using  Nina anyone can

• Like 1

On 24/03/2024 at 15:29, TiffsAndAstro said:

Give Nina a ago

If I can do 3ppa and plate solving after 30 minutes of first using  Nina anyone can

thanks i may do that although im tempted to go down the Asi Air route and usw that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scotttumsh said:

thanks i may do that although im tempted to go down the Asi Air route and usw that.

possibly me too, so ill probably get zwo main and guide camera just in case.

nina seems pretty good for me so far though.

just noticed you have a swsa gti on your list of stuff. have you used it much and what do you think?

is your alt bolt like mine with a sort of dead spot? if you move it up or down too far then go other direction, there is some slack?

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

1 minute ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

possibly me too, so ill probably get zwo main and guide camera just in case.

nina seems pretty good for me so far though.

Ye not that keen on the synscan app, maybe its just me but i find it a bit stop start. also it plays up when im using the snap port for camera control. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotttumsh said:

Ye not that keen on the synscan app, maybe its just me but i find it a bit stop start. also it plays up when im using the snap port for camera control. 

Yeah lol I also got the snap cable and camera control was clunky.

I installed synscan on windows and run it to connect to my GTi via usb cable, the run Nina.

With plate solving working reliably, it's ace. Now I just need clear skies to actually do stuff

Id say asiair is better for cable management though a mini pc running Nina would also help compared to the rat's nest I have, using a laptop

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

2 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Yeah lol I also got the snap cable and camera control was clunky.

I installed synscan on windows and run it to connect to my GTi via usb cable, the run Nina.

With plate solving working reliably, it's ace. Now I just need clear skies to actually do stuff

Id say asiair is better for cable management though a mini pc running Nina would also help compared to the rat's nest I have, using a laptop

i may give Nina a go in the short term. i will look into it later, thanks for the info. clear skies! eventually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotttumsh said:

i may give Nina a go in the short term. i will look into it later, thanks for the info. clear skies! eventually

It's a free easy way to dip your toe.

I'm no expert by any means but even i could set up 3ppa and plate solving very easily 

2 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

It's a free easy way to dip your toe.

I'm no expert by any means but even i could set up 3ppa and plate solving very easily 

I have been looking, do you still have to do star alignment or does the plate solving take away that process? 

• Like 1

I have been looking, do you still have to do star alignment or does the plate solving take away that process? 

Don't even know how I would star align in Nina. I just use the atlas to find my target and press slew. The I just add that target as a legacy sequence, change iso and exposure time to my liking and hit play.

I would advise connecting everything up in daylight as there will be some niggles with drivers and setting up plate solving, but lots of YouTube's on that.

It's really pretty simple with help from here and YouTube :)

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
Star, you are you are

10 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Don't even know how I would star align in Nina. I just use the atlas to find my target and press slew. The I just add that target as a legacy sequence, change iso and exposure time to my liking and hit play.

I would advise connecting everything up in daylight as there will be some niggles with drivers and setting up plate solving, but lots of YouTube's on that.

It's really pretty simple with help from here and YouTube :)

Thank you for that, im dowloading it now! even though im rubbish with tech. wish me luck😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Ask if any problems I might be able to help with the basics.

got everything dowloaded but it wont connect to the mount, ascom and skywatcher synscan app downloaded. just keeps saying unable to connect to synscan app driver 

got everything dowloaded but it wont connect to the mount, ascom and skywatcher synscan app downloaded. just keeps saying unable to connect to synscan app driver 

i think this should work:

connect usb from pc to mount

run synscan app on pc and use it to connect to mount. you might have to change the setting in the synscan app on your pc to use usb/serial connection. check its connected by seeing if it slews via the the direction controls in the app on your pc.

run nina and tell nina to connect to the correct mount (telescope) in the drop down box

that should be it. 

this video was pretty helpful:  

sadly you'll need to watch it upside down as he sounds Australian ;) 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

56 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

i think this should work:

connect usb from pc to mount

run synscan app on pc and use it to connect to mount. you might have to change the setting in the synscan app on your pc to use usb/serial connection. check its connected by seeing if it slews via the the direction controls in the app on your pc.

run nina and tell nina to connect to the correct mount (telescope) in the drop down box

that should be it. 

this video was pretty helpful:  

sadly you'll need to watch it upside down as he sounds Australian ;) 

yep that was one of the videos i had found, think i have cracked it. well ivgot it moving using Nina at least! thanks for your help. very much appreciated😀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scotttumsh said:

do you still have to do star alignment or does the plate solving take away that process? 

If you are plate solving you dont need to do the 2/3 star alignment. With every platesolve, the mount model will be updated to make it more accurate.

• Like 1