Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camera Mount

Can anyone steer me toward a bracket setup for a camera - telephoto lens setup that will work on top of my newly acquired Star Adventurer GTi. I want to photograph the April 8th eclipse. I will be using a Fuji XT-3 and Fujifilm 70-300mm lens.  Yeah. I don't have any experience photographing the sun. I plan on practicing in the two months leading up to this event. Right now I just need to order some parts and of course solar filter material for the lens. It's just the mounting parts that I'm perplexed about.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Swoop1 said:

Getting hold of a spare dovetail bar and then using a bolt of the right size to attache the camera to the bar via the tripod mount?

Or something like this ready made item-

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-camera-mounting-adapters/adm-vixen-type-dovetail-with-camera-mount.html

Yep. Good lead. Thanks.

The Manfrotto 293 Telephoto Lens Support may be suitable for you. I've got one and used it with a big heavy Sigma 100-400 lens on a Star adventurer. It's quite heavy but I couldn't balance the camera/lens without it.

A fairly cheap option is one of these Chinese slotted vixen dovetail bars, like this one, which comes with various screws including the 1/4 inch one which mounts to the camera base:

https://neewer.com/products/neewer-qr006-rail-bar-vixen-style-dovetail-plate-for-telescope-66602524

You can order those from the company or search Amazon or AliExpress for it also.  I don't know which is the cheapest way to go for you as I don't know the shipping charges and vat if you're in the UK.