Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette narrowband with RGB stars

assouptro

Hi Stargazers!

well, I've had a lot of fun getting this far with Pixinsight, This is one of the first images I have processed from start to finish in the program 

Camera Qhy268m

Telescope Revelation astro ED100

Tsflat2 flattener

Off axis guided with an Atik 314l+

Bortle 5

There is about 10 hours total HSO (5 min subs Mode 1 gain56_offset26)

Only 7 min each RGB (30s subs Mode 1 gain 0)

It's probably one of the most saturated images I've processed to date but I kinda like it

Any suggestions or criticism welcome, There is always more to learn!

Rosette_Nebula_jan_24_1.thumb.jpg.33bf90cb26611c740d3d81e2e8550eb4.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Bryan 

• Like 13

Edit 

my laptop screen must be dark 

Viewing it on my phone it looks a bit washed out

A quick tweak, star reduced and sky darkened a tad in curvesRosette_nebula_Jan_24_3.thumb.jpg.e0cf87642d5ae3197bc3f1394009d0f6.jpg

Edited by assouptro
added image
  • Like 11

Just now, Sunshine said:

Oh WOW! this is one of the most beautiful images of the rosette I have ever seen! the range of colour, contrast, detail, and perfect stars make for a sublime image.

Wow! 
that’s an amazing first comment! 
I wasn’t expecting that! 
You are very kind 

It has been a long process getting this far with my image and I was worried I had really overdone it!

Thanks again 

Bryan 😊

• Like 1

Excellent image! And very delicately processed. You should be very pleased with this. 

What have you been using to learn PixInsight? I’ve been at it for about 6 months now and steadily getting there, but still a lot to learn and I can’t quite achieve what I’m aspiring to. Mostly YouTube tutorials so far and recently bought Warren A Keller’s book Inside PixInsight, which is good and easy to follow. 

What’s been working for you? Inevitably, I think I’ll end up buying the Adam Block videos as everyone says they’re a game changer….

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, assouptro said:

There is about 10 hours total HSO (5 min subs Mode 1 gain56_offset26)

These are fantastic Bryan, but it's the colour and depth that really stands out for me - I'm guessing the colour is helping feed that depth.  That subtle red/pink within the central area helps loads.  I was always aiming for something like this when I shot it in 2022 but never managed.  Was your 10h balanced across all three filters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mal22 said:

Excellent image! And very delicately processed. You should be very pleased with this. 

What have you been using to learn PixInsight? I’ve been at it for about 6 months now and steadily getting there, but still a lot to learn and I can’t quite achieve what I’m aspiring to. Mostly YouTube tutorials so far and recently bought Warren A Keller’s book Inside PixInsight, which is good and easy to follow. 

What’s been working for you? Inevitably, I think I’ll end up buying the Adam Block videos as everyone says they’re a game changer….

Thank you for the comment I really appreciate your kind words 😊

I’ve been trying to get my head around pix for a couple of years now, slowly chipping away at it, up till now, I used to register and stack in APP which was a massive leap from deep sky stacker but this last 6months or so I have been, like you, watching a lot of tutorials, Adam Block is great but I’ve only used his free content so far, he has appeared on The Astro Imaging Channel a couple of times which I also watch/listen to, Lukomatico, james lamb, another Astro channel, astro biscuit and many others, 

The YouTube clip below  is the main influence in this image 

this is after I have registered, stacked in wbpp combined an rgb image, created a star mask ( not sue I could repeat that in exactly the same way) gently stretched the rgb, then removed the stars 

Then followed this, up to the point of replacing the stars 

I have, in my arsenal, graxpert, blurxterminator, starxterminator, noisexterminator this tutorial helps use them at the right time 

Thanks for the comment, I hope you find something here useful 

Bryan 😊

3 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Excellent.  Great colour, not overcooked and good detail. Nice work.

Thank you 🙏 

I appreciate your kind words 

I’m glad you like it 😊

Bryan 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, geeklee said:

These are fantastic Bryan, but it's the colour and depth that really stands out for me - I'm guessing the colour is helping feed that depth.  That subtle red/pink within the central area helps loads.  I was always aiming for something like this when I shot it in 2022 but never managed.  Was your 10h balanced across all three filters?

Thanks for the comment and the kind words 

The 10 hours was around 200min per channel 

The fine detail was stretched out of the image using generalised hyperbolic stretch in many small titrations  and the selective colour script (I think that’s its name?) 

Thanks again, glad you like it 

Bryan 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Brilliant image! The only thing I might change is making the background a shade darker, but that might depend a lot on the monitor I am using

Thanks for the comment Michael 

I totally agree 

I think my laptop screen is loosing brightness, the first version looked black on the background but I soon saw it wasn’t when I posted it and viewed it on my phone screen! 
 I’ll have to take this into account going forward 

Thanks again for the comment 

Bryan 😊

3 hours ago, assouptro said:

Thank you for the comment I really appreciate your kind words 😊

I’ve been trying to get my head around pix for a couple of years now, slowly chipping away at it, up till now, I used to register and stack in APP which was a massive leap from deep sky stacker but this last 6months or so I have been, like you, watching a lot of tutorials, Adam Block is great but I’ve only used his free content so far, he has appeared on The Astro Imaging Channel a couple of times which I also watch/listen to, Lukomatico, james lamb, another Astro channel, astro biscuit and many others, 

The YouTube clip below  is the main influence in this image 

this is after I have registered, stacked in wbpp combined an rgb image, created a star mask ( not sue I could repeat that in exactly the same way) gently stretched the rgb, then removed the stars 

Then followed this, up to the point of replacing the stars 

I have, in my arsenal, graxpert, blurxterminator, starxterminator, noisexterminator this tutorial helps use them at the right time 

Thanks for the comment, I hope you find something here useful 

Bryan 😊

Really helpful, thanks! 

Funnily enough over the last few days I’ve been searching for an updated PI workflow incorporating the AI tools, and THIS video is exactly what I’d been looking for. Perfect, thanks! 

• Like 1