Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar 18th Jan 2024

Roy Foreman

Second session of 2024.  Skies were really hazy and quite turbulent, so no world class images this time !  I'm just thankful it was relatively clear.

This image and it's selective enlargements were taken with a C9.25 and ZWO ASI 183MM camera with a Proplanet 642 IR filter.

30% of 2000 frames at 19fps, 5 pane mosaic.

Processed in AS3 and Photoshop.

As always, thanks for looking

Roy

2024-01-18 Moon pp642.jpg

2024-01-18 Moon pp642 c1.jpg

2024-01-18 Moon pp642 c2.jpg

2024-01-18 Moon pp642 c3.jpg

• Like 10

Nice shots. Although the terminator had moved on past the best point to see them you can still make out the lunar X and V in the your image. I was viewing these at approx the same time on the 18th too visually, which was my first bit of visual astro since before Christmas.

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

Nice shots. Although the terminator had moved on past the best point to see them you can still make out the lunar X and V in the your image. I was viewing these at approx the same time on the 18th too visually, which was my first bit of visual astro since before Christmas.

Thank you.  I have to admit I was so intent on getting the panels to match seamlessly that I didn't search out these features, but will do so when next at the computer. Conditions have been really dire for both visual and imaging for some while. I've only had two proper clear nights since last June, the rest have been cloud dodging !

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

"No World class images this time" ?  Which world?        🙂

My world, I guess !  Always trying to beat my last efforts. It probably doesn't show on Web images but the originals show blurry areas where seeing changed between panels.

Thanks for your response Peter,  much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, GasGiant said:

Great images. The moon is never boring. Ive really taken to viewing it

Thank you, glad you like my images. You are correct, no matter how often we look at or image the moon it always looks so amazing for an object that always presents the same face to us, albeit with ever changing lighting.