Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with SPCC and loading GAIA DR3 files in Pixinsight

Hi all, Just got my self a new pooter for doing my PI stuff. I have managed to get most things working in PI ( the exterminators and some scripts ) but for the life of me I cant get SPCC working. I have downloaded the GAIA files and tried all the methods as far as i can understand them on the PI sight but still nothing works. Is there anyone out there that can talk me through the process in good old one finger english.

thanks in advance

I'm no expert but this is my setup

1. Note location of the downloaded xpsd files
  2. Open the Gaia process (find under <All processes>)

gaia1.png.898c631b58a4b192b20d677485406b83.png

1. Click on the wrench

gaia2.png.1fe68d7df307c5d50f869b61dfb3c6c3.png

1. Select Data Release for the files you downloaded
  2. Use the Select button to find the files
  3. Once all selected close the process
  4. Before using make sure your image has been solved (I use script/image analysis/image solver)
  5. Then use the SPCC

HTH

Steve

Edited by StevieDvd
Added images for clarity
  • Like 1

This is what my settings look like, you do need to activate the database files as @StevieDvd has described, the method is in the release notes I think.

screenshot_44.jpg.ad1776967af449689493bee57c20d50e.jpg

After a successful image solve, I open SPCC and move the instance icon over the image and let it do its stuff. If it is failing, are you getting some sort of error message?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

I'm no expert but this is my setup

1. Note location of the downloaded xpsd files
  2. Open the Gaia process (find under <All processes>)
  3. Click on the wrench
  4. Select Data Release for the files you downloaded
  5. Use the Select button to find the files
  6. Once all selected close the process
  7. Before using make sure your image has been solved (I use script/image analysis/image solver)
  8. Then use the SPCC

HTH

Steve

Hi Steve, first thanks for the reply.  I have done that so many times but got nothing i have created a file called gaia and downloaded the small gaia data set to it, it shows it in there but as soon as I tfind it with pi it shows no files in it. im at a loss to why.

1 minute ago, tomato said:

This is what my settings look like, you do need to activate the database files as @StevieDvd has described, the method is in the release notes I think.

screenshot_44.jpg.ad1776967af449689493bee57c20d50e.jpg

After a successful image solve, I open SPCC and move the instance icon over the image and let it do its stuff. If it is failing, are you getting some sort of error message?

I cant get it to see the gaia downloaded files. If i go and look direct at the file they are there. just dont know whats going on.

15 minutes ago, tomato said:

Im so stupid! thanks for that. I couldnt see the wood for the trees! all going now! Thank you all for making a mad old man happy!

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

Was it the selection of the files in the gaia process selector that resolved it?

I've added a couple of images in case of anyone doing a search later. 

Hi, yes it was. I had seen that so many times but it didnt lock into my brain! thanks for the help.