Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade ACF 0.68x Focal Reducer

Well that was quite unexpected 19 years after the first  RCX ACF's were introduced then shortly later the regular LX200s changed to ACF as well. The lack of dedicated reducer was one of the reason s I never bought an ACF even though the AstroPhysics 0.67x was found to work well with them.

Lee

I’m intrigued the same reducer works with both the f8 & f10 OTA’s across the ACF range. The initial documentation released with this product lacks any performance metrics a user can expect across the Meade ACF range. 

Owner of a 12” f8 OTA I am very interested in a reducer that is dedicated/designed for my OTA. Already the owner of both the AP 0.67x and Lepus 0.62x reducers, I have struggled with either one when using an APS-C camera.  Regrettably I am reluctant to invest in any new reducer until I have read some positive user/independent feedback. Keen but watching.

3 hours ago, Xsubmariner said:

I’m intrigued the same reducer works with both the f8 & f10 OTA’s across the ACF range. The initial documentation released with this product lacks any performance metrics a user can expect across the Meade ACF range. 

Owner of a 12” f8 OTA I am very interested in a reducer that is dedicated/designed for my OTA. Already the owner of both the AP 0.67x and Lepus 0.62x reducers, I have struggled with either one when using an APS-C camera.  Regrettably I am reluctant to invest in any new reducer until I have read some positive user/independent feedback. Keen but watching.

I take this view with all reducers!

Olly

• Thanks 1

Great to see a dedicated reducer for AFC scopes! I'm also impressed by the "Made in the USA" label. Looks like Meade is moving (some) production back to the States.

The 14" f/10 Meade ACF that I have illuminates a full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), and maybe most other Meade ACFs do the same. Meade says that the reducer will just about illuminate an APS-C sensor (so 18 x 24), so essentially what it will do is to allow one to use a APS-C camera instead of a full frame to get the same FOV, which will be a less expensive camera in many cases. But for those like me with a full frame sensor the reducer will be of no use (just creating a circular image on the sensor).

• Like 1