Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope Trolley Telegizmos 365 Tubular Heater 1ft

Hi all 

I recently made a telescope trolley and an unglamorous pallet shed to store the scope and trolley outside. I might insulate the "shed" with fibreglass wool. 

I own a large Telegizmos 365 cover and was wondering if I could put a Tubular Heater 1ft inside the cover and keep it at a low heat so I can keep condensation off?

I live in the wet Northwest of Ireland with lots of condensation.

I have to keep the trolley outside for about a year....

Many thanks 

image.png.478dfc27b304a17e6aaf40ce8049cc6d.png

image.thumb.png.d25c592e73703aaab4ba0eca3753e457.png

IMG_7565.JPG

I have a 60W thermostatically controlled tube heater on the floor of my roll off shed which works very well at keeping everything dry, though they are either fully on or off. When on it's too hot to hold for more than a second or two. They are intended to be used open to the air so would get too hot inside your cover.

As mentioned above a pet heater pad like this placed inside the cover would be a better solution as they heat with a preset power setting, and the pad itself is usually 12V or so with short circuit protection if it gets chewed through, not that the scope is likely to do that. :D

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, symmetal said:

I have a 60W thermostatically controlled tube heater on the floor of my roll off shed which works very well at keeping everything dry, though they are either fully on or off. When on it's too hot to hold for more than a second or two. They are intended to be used open to the air so would get too hot inside your cover.

As mentioned above a pet heater pad like this placed inside the cover would be a better solution as they heat with a preset power setting, and the pad itself is usually 12V or so with short circuit protection if it gets chewed through, not that the scope is likely to do that. :D

Alan

So I just keep it at 7 Celcius for example?

33 minutes ago, 8324689 said:

So I just keep it at 7 Celcius for example?

Yes, that would be fine. The plant heater you linked to has a temperature probe which is better as it can control the temperature better. The pet heaters are only two wires going to the pad by the looks of it, so have no remote temperature sensing, relying on the controller power setting to achieve an expected range temperature in normal use.

If the pet gets too hot it can get up and walk away. Plants don't have that luxury unless they're triffids.

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1