NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher DM100?

900SL

Wow that is quite a mount! The question is, if it is that advanced in its development why hasn't skywatcher made it officially public yet? We heard about the cq350 months in advanceof its release.

Edited by Astronomist

WOW !!!!  What a beast !!!!!   I would also like to know more about the OTA sitting on top of it. ?!?!?!?!?

I assume that it is a strain wave drive mount.   I also assume it will be $$$$ !!  8^P

Edited by CCD-Freak

36 minutes ago, John said:

Quite a beast of a setup !

My eye was also drawn to the big refractor in the background, left. Looks like one of the new Askar 185's 

That looks quite a monster as well !

I can't see Skywatcher mounting an Askar in their display. Also can't see all the orange finishing. Mighty big refractor though.

I'm with John, it looks like an Askar 185 to me - orange and all.
I don't think it's a SkyWatcher only room - there is a ZWO display at the back, so I don't see why there can't be an Askar one on the left.
Interesting stuff, whoever makes it.

9 hours ago, CCD-Freak said:

WOW !!!!  What a beast !!!!!   I would also like to know more about the OTA sitting on top of it. ?!?!?!?!?

I assume that it is a strain wave drive mount.   I also assume it will be $$$$ !!  8^P

Direct motor drive, hence the DM

• Like 1