Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice camera with Tripod

Hi can anyone give me some advice with camera on tripod.Lastnight i was taking captures at 15 seconds at 400 iso jpg when i had a look at the captures all i had was a blank screen what am i doing wrong Thanks.Mark

Taff, have a look here Push the exposure time and ISO and see what you get. Also, did you manual focus the lens or allow it to try and work it out itself ? Chances are the AF is going to fail unless you use something like the moon to focus on, so you may find you weren't in focus.

Hi Merlin' The camera is a canon 300D' the lens is a basic 18-55mm' i control the capture with a trigger.Camera set at 400 iso i was trying to take some captures of some constellations.My garden is dark with out any lights.Mark

What exposure mode were you using Mark....

Ideally set the camera to manual set the aperture to the smallest value (lens wide open) and the shutter to bulb if your using a remote...

Take a test exposure of say 10s just count hippopotami...

Have a look at the picture and see if you can see anyting... if not try a 20s exposure... yet more hippopotami... then try 30s etc...

Peter....

Archived