Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally chosen my set up ..... I think!!!!!

The weather is a nightmare I know!!!! I've been using bins for a while which is handy for nipping in and out of the clouds, but like you say once my scope arrives the clouds will roll in!!!!.

On a rather humurous note... my wife has taken some convincing with my new hobby, seeing me prowl about the back garden with a pair of binoculars got me a bit of stick!!! Imagine what she said when she came out last night to find me flat on my back on the decking!!!

I was comfy and the view was much nicer!!!! , Boy she didnt half laugh!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..for bino comfort there's not much better than a large beanbag about 1/2 filled..

full support from butt to head, 'infinitely' adjustable from prone to seated.. insulating from the cold and damp ground.. just a bit hard to get back up on yer feet if yer decrepit like me :) .. and the risk of falling asleep :)

All systems go!!!!! Ordered the lot this morning. What sort of delivery timescale can I expect from FLO?
I hope you enjoy your first scope :)

FLO must be doing cracking business - I ordered a mount (actually, the C6 Newt on CG-5GT mount on offer as it was the cheapest way to get the mount!!) and some filters from them this morning too :( Nice helpful guy Steve - even if I couldn't afford the HEQ6 pro that he suggested (probably quite rightly) I'd end up with... :)

I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure from your new outfit RTB.

Have a good think before buying little things to enhance your astronomy. They all add up price wise, and it is surprising what you can codge up yourself. Save your pennies for the inevitable upgrade, because that bug will definitely bite you.:)

Ron.:)

Archived