Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 6/11 colour images

yelsac

Finally got round to processing some colour images from the 6th. Seeing wasn't great but did get some detail coming through. I was having some real trouble with sharpcap blowing out the white areas even though the histogram was only at 60% so one is with sharpcap & the other with firecapture. No matter what I do can't seem to get them with the same colour!

VX12L, QHY5 462c, Baader x2.25 barlow

2023-11-06-2220_2_pipp_lapl6_ap94less.png.4ace4f419445adb25d319243209c3f9c.png2023-11-06-2235_8-U-IR-Sat_pipp_lapl6_ap961.png.0ed36fa29922ff7119c7681b9a53866c.png

Edited by yelsac
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Nice detail in both. The one on the right is a bit green; the left one looks just right.

I think you are right, used rgb balance in registax again (appreciate the advice Kon) hope it looks a little better, thanks for your comment 👍

17 minutes ago, yelsac said:

I think you are right, used rgb balance in registax again (appreciate the advice Kon) hope it looks a little better, thanks for your comment 👍

Looks a bit reddish on my screen. 

58 minutes ago, Kon said:

Looks a bit reddish on my screen. 

Yes you are right 🤦‍♂️ On my laptop screen it didn't look to bad but on my mobile it looked extremely red! I've tried to lower the red a little so hopefully it looks a little more natural.

Appreciate the feedback though 👍

• Like 1