Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 (again)

Phillyo

It's an old favourite but each year I like to try and better my previous years image. This year I managed to get out to a Bortle 3/4 area and collect about 9 1/2 hours of data in 60sec subs with my Risingcam IMX571c and Redcat51. I have lots of good data but I'm really struggling to do it justice! I'm going to approach this again and see if I can do better but trying to tame the core, get the colours right and also bring out the faint dust at the ends of the spirals is really very tricky! 

I've added the xisf also if anyone else wants to have a play with the data and share your result on this topic?

Phil

Try again!

Rather than make post about M31 I thought I'd just add another revision to this one, this time with added Ha data (Approx 6 hours only due to clouds).

M31_Ha.jpg

Edited by Phillyo
Reprocess
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

It’s a beautiful image, but not sure what’s happened to the stars….. any ideas…it’s all over the image

IMG_2027.jpeg

I think I've pushed it too far. I'm trying new things with the edit but it's not working too well. I'll look again tomorrow 👍🏻

On 13/11/2023 at 21:31, Stuart1971 said:

It’s a beautiful image, but not sure what’s happened to the stars….. any ideas…it’s all over the image

IMG_2027.jpeg

Tried another reprocess. The stars at the far corners are still showing a little coma I think, but looks a bit tighter perhaps?

3 hours ago, Phillyo said:

Tried another reprocess. The stars at the far corners are still showing a little coma I think, but looks a bit tighter perhaps?

Where is is…?

EDIT: Ah, ok I see it Above, yea it looks loads better….👍🏻

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomato said:

A lovely deep M31. I must admit I fell foul of not reading the whole thread, I read the first reply and zoomed in on the stars and couldn't see anything wrong with them.:icon_scratch:

I got there in the end.

Sorry that's my mistake. I removed the first two images and just replaced them with the updated version. It looks a bit confusing now I guess 😕