Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

10 minutes of clear sky - PST80 at F25

NickH

Seeing was better today for the whole ten minutes I got before the clouds poured in again. 2 Single shots (surface and proms combined in one shot using gamme settings almost to saturation) and a single prom shot and the remnants of the AR

PST80 at F25 - Skynyx 2-0m

£180 ERF (Direct ship from Germany) - good old days, good exchange rate

£220 PST (US sourced)

£50 adapters

A80MF - £105

Tad under £580 then... for an 80mm 0.7A Hydrogen alpha scope with no astigmatism, tack sharp focus at up to F50, pretty damn near perfect optics (A80 tested by Steve)

The SM90 shots (at least 3 of em) are nice, in focus, no blurring, and could easily be sharpened up using unsharp masking..

As for the other shots...I will take the 5th amendment

Blimey Nick, how did you get the camera in a position to Image the Earth and the sun together.:):D

I see there is a little of the Terracing, (Foreshortening) Pete Lawrence referred to near the limb of the top Image.

Your Solar imaging is matched only by your Lunar stuff. Magic.

Ron.:)

My lunar is okay,...nothing more, I have seen the best at that..

I like planetary again, since the C11 got sorted... and deep sky, must get out more :-)

The Sun is great when you have kids though...cus it only takes a wee while to image.

The modified PST is really delivering though.., on saying that, I would still prefer a Solarscope SF70 double stack or better still SF100..

(no sweet spot)

Archived