NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

new camera (imx571 sensor)can ayone do me a very quick sho process in PI

hi new camera and filters ,just tried some sho imaging(ic1396,elephant trunk) and not happy with my processed image ,can anyone do me a very quick sho process in PI please,3 stacked lights that have been calibrated with flats and bias but no darks and not much integration time ,but dont want to keep capturing if my settings are wrong,thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/f54gyt2ebbgs77c0d3i3x/h?rlkey=jhof52rdoyoxhrvmojrio5wrv&dl=0

5 hours ago, JSeaman said:

Here's a quick SHO with STF autostretch on each channel and then a bit of smoothing to deal with the small amount of data

03.thumb.jpg.23cb1ce38466ca816e603a036c1c1be1.jpg

thanks thats much better than my effort,means i can keep collecting subs thanks you

Here you go Ian, I had a play with your files in PI.

I'm not sure how much data is in there but it's quite clean with little noise. This is using my basic workflow in PI with Histrogramtransformation stretch, normally I would use GHS for the stretch, and using the 3 XT scripts.

I've done nothing with the colours, other than a little enhancement to the blue, everything else is just using saturation after removing the green cast with SCNR.

iwols-1.thumb.png.9c1bb238154ab848ebecdbec2bc877bd.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iwols said:

approx 20 mins just need to know my camera is collecting data ok

I wonder if I got the same data as anyone else? i find that there are a lot of "hot pixels" in the masters that are difficult to remove with cosmetic correction in PI. This is probably due to there being only 6 or7 subs in each stack, too few for proper pixel rejection. The exposure time seems ok, as no stars are over exposed.

Here's a crop of the Sii master, showing the bad pixels

Sii.thumb.png.e085f4ffbe2ab04ce714ab8efcc5ac3a.png

Edited by wimvb

27 minutes ago, wimvb said:

I wonder if I got the same data as anyone else?

No Wim, it's the same data.

When I took another look at the individual files, the Ha isn't too bad but there are still quite a few hot pixels. The Sii & Oiii files have about the same number of hot pixels, but not always in the same locations.

Here's a close-up of the same area on the three files:

iwols-3.png.f6327bb68b3f1c29e6d0fa1e2b586121.png

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

Here you go Ian, I had a play with your files in PI.

I'm not sure how much data is in there but it's quite clean with little noise. This is using my basic workflow in PI with Histrogramtransformation stretch, normally I would use GHS for the stretch, and using the 3 XT scripts.

I've done nothing with the colours, other than a little enhancement to the blue, everything else is just using saturation after removing the green cast with SCNR.

iwols-1.thumb.png.9c1bb238154ab848ebecdbec2bc877bd.png

Wow I'm beginning to think you didn't get the correct image data as well😊 that's a fantastic image you've made there  budgie out of approx 20 mins data,I could only dream of creating that image from my subs I really need a standard workflow for pi , which I seem to have struggled with for years once again thank you 🙏

Clearly the camera works but there is a striking amount of hot pixels. What brand of IMX571 camera is it and what was the sensor temperature? My ASI2600MC (got three) and Omegon vetec 571C appear to have considerably less hot pixels (at -10°C).

41 minutes ago, gorann said:

Clearly the camera works but there is a striking amount of hot pixels. What brand of IMX571 camera is it and what was the sensor temperature? My ASI2600MC (got three) and Omegon vetec 571C appear to have considerably less hot pixels (at -10°C).

My guess is that it's the low number of subs that prevented adequate pixel rejection. As the OP wrote, the purpose of the test was to evaluate settings, not to create a final image. The settings look ok to me.

9 minutes ago, wimvb said:

My guess is that it's the low number of subs that prevented adequate pixel rejection. As the OP wrote, the purpose of the test was to evaluate settings, not to create a final image. The settings look ok to me.

Thanks