Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first decent* Milkyway

I've never had much luck getting the milkway from my back garden, but last night was pretty much ideal conditions other than the big white blob being invited.

So, yeh.. it's *decent for me.. but not great by others standards - however you can see most of the big nebula in there, and M31, etc.

It's a stack of 10 25 second ISO 3200 subs taken with my astro modified 6D with clip on UHS filter and a SY 14mm lens wide open. I stacked it in Siril, then added the foreground back in and did a bit of tweaking in Affinity Photo.

That's as flat as I could get the background. Quite a bit of elongations out at the edges, maybe the filter affecting back focus ? or maybe would be better stopped down, but hell - it's better than anything I've got before by an order of magnitude.

milkyway-230906_dslr_14mm.thumb.jpg.d850b1f2549daab78690b356bdbf1d1b.jpg

• Like 10

Have the same lens & also a novice. My best shot so far was using dark frames, 5 x 15 seconds lights, 10 darks same exposure,  stacking in sequator & finish up in Affinity & the best until last Topaz denoise....fantastic software I use for portraits,  wildlife, macro etc....well worth purchasing if you don't already have it. Very good shot you got too...