Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SH2-119 The Clamshell Nebula

Phillyo

SH2-119, Clamshell Nebula from last night and night before. 7.5 hours of data from the back garden. Redcat51, Risingcam IMX571OSC, 91 x 300s subs, Antlia ALP-T 5nm filter, EQ6-R Pro, NINA.

Thank you all for looking.

StarReduced2.png

• Like 15

Added some more data to this, up to around 11h 40min now and it's definitely made a difference to the depth of the image. Updated version added below, slightly different colour during the processing to keep it more of a reddish colour this time.

11h40m.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing around with this data (nothing else to do with the clouds) and following some tutorials online and I've come up with another rendition that brings out more of the background Ha. I think, if I'm being honest, I've probably gone a bit too far with this one but I kinda like the result. Moving forward I'll probably try and find a middle ground but it's always fun to play with data and see what's hidden.

Clamshell.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glafnazur said:

I think I prefer the first one, I really like the colours in that one. The other two are great though 👍

Yeah I like those colours. I think that was using a Loraxx method so I might have another go sometime with those colours, see what I can come up with.

Thank you :)

• Like 1