NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kenidjack Valley Milkyway

Back down to Cornwall again this year for another week away with my family. Although I made the decision to sell most of my DSO astrophotography gear, I still have every intention of capturing the Milkyway as and when I can. I decided on Kenidjack Valley as my main location this year and the foreground was shot on Friday just gone at approx 10:30pm and is a single 30sec, 800 iso, f4 capture. Now the Milkyway, although the weather was great for the week, the clouds did not play ball, I nearly had a chance on the Friday but the clouds just would not shift. So with that said, I have used last years Cornwall Milkyway data in this image which would be exactly how it would be anyway even if I had got more data this year. I hope to try again next year.

KenidjackValley.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

A beautiful image from one of my favourite locations! 👏🤩

Hope you had a great time down there; we’re Cornwall-free this year, which is a bit disappointing!

Cheers mate. Yeah a lovely holiday thanks, I cant get enough of Cornwall, such a stunning place. Shame you cant get down there this year, we might be having a year out ourselves next year, or it might pull us back again!

• Like 2