Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6-R Pro & ASIAir - Change Home Position

CraigD1986

I'm building an observatory and would like the home position of my mount to lay the scope flat so the roof can be lower. Does anyone know how to set a custom home position on the EQ6-R Pro and sync this with ASIAir Plus?

Hi when you turn on the asiair whatever position your scope is in the asiair will consider that as home position and so will return there at the end of your imaging session. This is my understanding of customized home position 👍

Are you sure about that? Using my ASIAir plus with the AM5, the way I had to reset the home position was to use the mount's hand controller and set its position through that. Of course, with the EQ6 things might be different, and the latest firmware may be different.

Ian

3 hours ago, The Admiral said:

Are you sure about that? Using my ASIAir plus with the AM5, the way I had to reset the home position was to use the mount's hand controller and set its position through that. Of course, with the EQ6 things might be different, and the latest firmware may be different.

Ian

All I am going of is someone I spoke to some time ago about this.I use a HEQ5 with the wifi dongle, at the end of the session I have the option to park in home position or the last position so that would be however I positioned it. Phil.

• Thanks 1

Two things here. I think zero/home position and park position are two different things. With ascom driven software you can put the scope in any park position to stop it moving. Zero/home position I have always set manually either physically, or with hand controller mounts you set the scope and set its zero position as scope on top of and in line with mount pointing at polaris. I've had instances with the asiair where the zero/home position was correct on startup, then during target slewing it's decided to reset the home position to scope 90 degrees west by itself, this results in gotos being incorrect, I feel home position should be scope on top. Maybe it's something to do with "sync to mount" which I've never done.

• 2 months later...

Just following up on this.

I can confirm that the ASIAir does not use the position when turned on as home. I need to be able to lay the scope flat at the end of the imaging session so my roof can close but can’t figure out a way to do this.

If I turn the ASIAir on when the scope is flat, then use the manual slewing controls to move the scope around, when I then “go to home”, it returns to the flat position it was in when turned on. However, if I plate solve anything, home is then reset to the NCP. Also, when the scope is flat and ASIAir is turned on, go-to is way off so I think the ASIAir thinks the scope is pointing at NCP when turned on.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

• Sad 1