Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apt - crowd funding

5 hours ago, AndrewRrrrrr said:

i'll be chipping in to that, love APT and love the direct involvement you can have with the people who run it. 

Me too at the end of the day it has to be viable , met them  last year at PAS  , great guys  👍 obviously takes a lot of effort to keep software up too date and evolving too new hardware .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds worrying when they ask for crowd funding but more than happy to chip in. I’ve used it enough and also tried the stellarmate route but always came but to APT because it just worked for me

15 hours ago, FenderGreg said:

Sounds worrying when they ask for crowd funding but more than happy to chip in. I’ve used it enough and also tried the stellarmate route but always came but to APT because it just worked for me

I don’t think it’s worrying just got to the point that funding/subscription has to increase or to carry on as it started as a hobby , ivo has had good feedback to consider the route to take ,and it is a good piece of software that I will be supporting, yes there’s free software such as Nina but how many users actually contribute to it , we as a hobby are really lucky that so many astronomers have a skill that many reap the benefits from especially software wise .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

I don’t think it’s worrying just got to the point that funding/subscription has to increase or to carry on as it started as a hobby , ivo has had good feedback to consider the route to take ,and it is a good piece of software that I will be supporting, yes there’s free software such as Nina but how many users actually contribute to it , we as a hobby are really lucky that so many astronomers have a skill that many reap the benefits from especially software wise .

I agree that It's good to support decent software especially when it does so much for you. I'm a NINA user and I contribute monthly and took that decision based on the support I can get and also compared with what I would pay for something like SGP or Voyager etc. Additionally I am confident the support and feature list is in excess of those paid for products too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a subscriber and always keep up to date but I didn't realise there was a fundraiser on the go. APT doesn't get much use by me between May and August so maybe missed something.

Donation now sent! 

• Like 2