Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Green Swamp Server

I swapped over to using GSS a few months ago and have have no problems. It can be installed alongside EQMOD. Just follow the Quick start guide in the documentation and you should have no problems.

I swapped to it to avoid the issue of having to manually clear out the pointing data that is stored by Eqmod, each time it's started, which can stop it centreing on the target. A handy feature of GSS is the 3D model of your mount/scope orientation so you can quickly see where the weights are.

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, symmetal said:

I swapped over to using GSS a few months ago and have have no problems. It can be installed alongside EQMOD. Just follow the Quick start guide in the documentation and you should have no problems.

I swapped to it to avoid the issue of having to manually clear out the pointing data that is stored by Eqmod, each time it's started, which can stop it centreing on the target. A handy feature of GSS is the 3D model of your mount/scope orientation so you can quickly see where the weights are.

Alan

Yeah, I liked that 3d model plugin for NINA but it seems to have gone. Be nice to have it back in some form. I'll give it a go. 

I tried GSS alongside EQMOD and had no problems running it but got a bit put off by the amount of options you could set - but I had no problem switching between EQMOD and GSS and back again with both being installed.

It is still installed so I must go back and try it again.

14 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Yeah, I liked that 3d model plugin for NINA but it seems to have gone. Be nice to have it back in some form. I'll give it a go. 

It won't be back in NINA any time soon as that module caused an error which is why it was dropped. It works ok in the GSS tool though although it did hang on me a couple of times there too so I don't bother with it now.

• Like 1