Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One shot wonder Venus

Managed one shot, before i lost it. I don't think i will bother anymore until the morning return. Where i can actually work on it for a bit. Its really frustrating doing all the setup just to capture one shot in a time window i have. I could do so much better, but not like this. I went to try IR850 after this, but lost it. I Cant get quality working like that.  At least Saturn will be back soon. To get my teeth into. 

Orion 245mm Newtonian F6.3. Baarder Bessel U filter Celestron 2x ultima Barlow with a long extension. As a guess around the 5 meter mark or more. ( 1600mm FL X3 =4800 ) 130% from a 150% drizzle  SW EQ6 R pro 

besse u.png 65.png 50 SM.png 2.png

DSC01210.jpg 10.jpg

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

That's a shame.

Plenty of cloud detail on that one shot but I know you're after bigger fish Neil. 

Is that the laser cannon set up? 🙂

Yeah look forward to the morning rising. Cheers

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Is that the laser cannon set up? 🙂

If any of the neighbors heard about a laser cannon. Would probably lead to multiple occurrences of twitchy curtains every time i setup  🤣 Reminds me of a time i setup a 8/3.4 darkstar dob, on Blackheath common. Not that far from the army barracks there. Had two bobby's come over and question me and my friend what we was doing. I explained getting ready to look at Jupiter. Started trying to double check facts, if i knew anything about astronomy. Asked me 

So what's that star called then ?

Couldn't see too well because of the light pollution, and i said

I don't know

Could probably have made up a name and said. That's the puppy star. He likely would have been none the wiser. Though the copper star might have raised suspicion.😁He eventually seemed to believe my story. Got told to move on. 

True story that

Don't underestimate how dangerous astronomers can be😂

Edited by neil phillips
  • Haha 5

Excellent capture despite the single run. The clouds are  defined really nicely. Out of curiosity, how long are your movies? I am doing 5-7min without derotation.

My attempt from yesterday is not worth posting as it is way too fuzzy (although i see similar structure to yours). You must have got the nicer weather.

31 minutes ago, Kon said:

Excellent capture despite the single run. The clouds are  defined really nicely. Out of curiosity, how long are your movies? I am doing 5-7min without derotation.

My attempt from yesterday is not worth posting as it is way too fuzzy (although i see similar structure to yours). You must have got the nicer weather.

Cheers Kon I went for a long capture 10 minuets. Gain was on max, so needed too. I may try de rotation. I have no idea if it will improve but i doubt it at those times.  Still, might try it one rainy night. I enjoyed getting out there, but its off putting seeing Venus really high. And having to wait until its much lower to clear. Need time to focus ect. Its all a bit rushed for one attempt for my liking. And of course if focus is slightly off. I don't get a second chance. frustrating. Not sure i will try anymore, its a lot of setting up. For potentially a bad rushed result

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Yeah look forward to the morning rising. Cheers

If any of the neighbors heard about a laser cannon. Would probably lead to multiple occurrences of twitchy curtains every time i setup  🤣 Reminds me of a time i setup a 8/3.4 darkstar dob, on Blackheath common. Not that far from the army barracks there. Had two bobby's come over and question me and my friend what we was doing. I explained getting ready to look at Jupiter. Started trying to double check facts, if i knew anything about astronomy. Asked me 

So what's that star called then ?

Couldn't see too well because of the light pollution, and i said

I don't know

Could probably have made up a name and said. That's the puppy star. He likely would have been none the wiser. Though the copper star might have raised suspicion.😁He eventually seemed to believe my story. Got told to move on. 

True story that

Don't underestimate how dangerous astronomers can be😂

That's too funny!  

Once went with the missus up Bosley cloud which is a rocky outcrop on the Cheshire/Staffs border to view the northern lights. When we drew into a remote parking space there already was a car with it's headlights on pointing out to the horizon. We thought this looked very dodgy and when we got out of our car a voice uttered the immortal words "are you here for the same thing?" My response was " er...what's that?".  "The northern lights" they said! Yeah right we thought lol

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

That's too funny!  

Once went with the missus up Bosley cloud which is a rocky outcrop on the Cheshire/Staffs border to view the northern lights. When we drew into a remote parking space there already was a car with it's headlights on pointing out to the horizon. We thought this looked very dodgy and when we got out of our car a voice uttered the immortal words "are you here for the same thing?" My response was " er...what's that?".  "The northern lights" they said! Yeah right we thought lol

lol. they probably got 2 parking lots 😁

• Haha 1