SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

OSC Venus April 25th better seeing.

Space Cowboy

9 hours ago, Kon said:

Excellent image. Nice processing with really nice details. Did you manage a UV capture?

Thanks Kostas I didn't do UV as the trans was very poor and deteriorated as time went on. I was constantly adjusting gain during each capture. This is only 3 mins but I can combine two runs to make a 6 min ser and see if I can get a better result.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

looks tighter doesn't it. some shading showing

If trans had been good the result would have been great but I'm very pleased anyway. Should be at f15 with the 585 so need to figure out a way of shortening the focal length without having to buy a 2.5x Barlow. Wish I could screw the 3x TV lense to the ADC.

13 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

If trans had been good the result would have been great but I'm very pleased anyway. Should be at f15 with the 585 so need to figure out a way of shortening the focal length without having to buy a 2.5x Barlow. Wish I could screw the 3x TV lense to the ADC.

Thats what i do screw the lens to the ADC. You may have to find a lens that fits. I i know the Baarder does

Baader Q-Barlow 1.3x/ 2.25x (baader-planetarium.com)

And the Celestron omni 2x. its better than the price suggests. especially for IR UV and not color. as the coatings are cheaper

Celestron omni 2x barlow lens High definition lens astronomical telescope magnification lens Professional telescope accessories| | - AliExpress

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Thats what i do screw the lens to the ADC. You may have to find a lens that fits. I i know the Baarder does

Baader Q-Barlow 1.3x/ 2.25x (baader-planetarium.com)

And the Celestron omni 2x. its better than the price suggests. especially for IR UV and not color. as the coatings are cheaper

Celestron omni 2x barlow lens High definition lens astronomical telescope magnification lens Professional telescope accessories| | - AliExpress

Not sure they'd get me up to f15 from 4.7?

What about this :

https://www.365astronomy.com/gso-2.5x-achromatic-3-element-barlow-31.7mm-1.25?path=113_148_262