Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2010 Isle of Wight Star Party Dates....

These ones are (from left to right) The Warm Room - and the other two are for traders. I have some pics I'll post in the morning, as I'm working on a 4 page article for next months Look Up! magazine. The Chalets are about the same size as above, and have en-suite shower and loo, tea/coffee, a proper bed. Warm too and a big step up from camping. The 6 berth self-catering units come with a full kitchen, TV and lots more space. It's a great site, and no light pollution looking over the Channel.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

All of the chalets/beach huts are the same on the outside. Some are knocked together, and some are for general use.

Those in this picture are the utility buildings on the back of the restaurant area, from left to right:

Tea room (usually occupied by at least some during the night, and FREE biscuits!)

Games room

Another empty room (where Astronomia setup)

Not been in the other ones.

The difference between a 'beach hut' and a 'chalet' is a weird one really. Last year, some thought that Chalet implied self-catering facilities, and so the single-room with en-suite facilities (and no cooking facilities, apart from the cooker in the Tea room) were renamed 'beach hut' to try and make things clearer.

These images are of my 'beach hut' this year:

4438942563_dbf828cec9_m.jpg4438942473_a0373ae03f_m.jpg

4438942353_8293d9afaa_m.jpg

Not bad for beach huts, eh? By the way, the rooms come with heating - not only that rad on the wall, but also electric heaters.

The view across the sea looks like this:

4439716168_3d7521eee8_o.jpg

That was taken from the Tea room door, looking down towards 'imaging corner'. We kind of started a trend last year - the imagers go into a 'U' area in front of one set of rooms, and the observers go into another 'U' at the other end of the field. Not really to segregate, but to allow the observers to avoid the glare of our laptops. Works well too - and both groups are then protected from the wind significantly by the room blocks!

Anyway, enough waffling... Its a fun star party, and folks are welcomed... Pets aren't though unfortunately, so no Nelson :)

Cheers,

Richie

Neither, the one on the left is the red lit 'tea room' where the 'die-hards' drank tea, waiting for the clouds to go away! The huts are like a typical hotel room with toilet and shower. Need to ask about the Chalets... had several rooms and self catering. Good breakfasts and dinner too.

Cheers

PEterW

Archived