Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen Green???

Alan White

Can any of you fienpeople point me toward the Green to repaint a Vixen Counterweight?
Probably doen before, but cannot find any clues at the minute.

I have a fain recolection of it being a Sage colour or the like??

TIA Alan

• Like 1

I have a Vizen counterweight with some marks I would like to paint. I’ll keep an eye on this thread in case you find a suitable match, though you may want to Google “baby poop green” 😂

Edited by Sunshine

8 minutes ago, Franklin said:

Why not spray the counterweight white and then the rest of the mount and transform it into a GP2😁.

Because it would look like a dogs breakfast in my case sadly.
I also like the Vixen Green, something traditional about it really that has kerb apeal to me.

I did have a white GP2 and regret ever selling it, but story of my life in truth.

Edited by Alan White
  • Haha 1

I painted a Vixen counterweight a couple of years ago using Sage green, possibly smoothright, but definitely a metal paint from B&Q. I still have the can but I've put it somewhere safe but can't remember where. It was the closest match I could find at the time and I'm still happy with it. You can tell the difference, but as the green motor cover is a different green anyway, I don't mind my counterweight having a slightly different green.

2023-04-0810_50_04.jpg.7a4fd462ad5cf8f68e2df8ae22c1beb8.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

RAL 6011 & 6021 are too pale light.

RAL 6013 Reed Green may be a bit closer.

I need some old vixen grey/green so need daylight to check out the hue.

I found this ebay seller where the colour is sprayed on a wall to better compare the differing hues.

Green RAL Aerosol Spray Paint Repair Paint Custom Mixed Code Matt Gloss Satin | eBay

On 08/04/2023 at 10:56, mikeDnight said:

I painted a Vixen counterweight a couple of years ago using Sage green, possibly smoothright, but definitely a metal paint from B&Q. I still have the can but I've put it somewhere safe but can't remember where. It was the closest match I could find at the time and I'm still happy with it. You can tell the difference, but as the green motor cover is a different green anyway, I don't mind my counterweight having a slightly different green.

2023-04-0810_50_04.jpg.7a4fd462ad5cf8f68e2df8ae22c1beb8.jpg

Mike your weights spray colour is a damn sight better match then the motors cover.

Edited by Naughty Neal