Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HOPING FOR SOME ADVICE IM A BEGINNER

billy taylor

Hello Paul,

Welcome to SGL.

You can get a powerpack from Maplins - Portable Jump Starter and Air Compressor > Maplin

If you want to find Saturn or anything else, try using a planetarium program. Do a Google for Cartes Du Ceil - it is very good and free!.

As for eyepieces, you need to look at ones with "long eye relief" if you wear glasses, but normally you can just take your glasses off and focus normally for your eyes.

Mike

PS By the way, Internet convention is to post messages in lower case, upper case conveys a meaning of shouting. :)

Good advice from Mike.

Saturn is just below Leo at the moment. If you look southwards at approx 21.00 you should see a Orange coloured star that is infact Saturn, just below and east of Regulas.

Hi Paul and welcome......

Saturn is to the south at the moment and quite high in the sky at about 10pm. It will be the brightest object you can see.

You could get something like Stellarium off the web for free but I see from your other postings you a Celestron Nexstar which (when aligned) should be able to find it for you easily.

Eyepieces should have long eye relief (LER) for glasses wearers but it depends. My partner wears glasses for some things but prferes not to use them when using the telescope and uses the focuser on the telescope to compensate.

I assume you have a 26mm EP with the scope as they are supplied with the scope from new I think. What type you buy would depennd on what you want to look at and any limits imposed by your telescope. I'd let someone else advise on best EPs for that scope.

Archived