Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DiskMount?

jetstream

5 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

I'm waiting on more reports but from the feedback I've seen very positive.

My next tracking mount will be a harmonic mount- some guys have been keeping an eye on them and gave me a heads up, thank you as well for the heads up. Not sure what brand yet but this will be the future in tracking mounts I believe, eagerly waiting our report on one!

I love the clamshell ring and my little 90mm is very easy and fast to balance with it, same goes for the Tak.

Same here.  I'm thinking a harmonic mount would be terrific.  My biggest gripe with regular GEMs is that they require counterbalance weights.  Really?  It's been how many years since harmonic drives became common place in manufacturing robots (with no counterweights), and they're only now making it into astro mounts?

20 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Same here.  I'm thinking a harmonic mount would be terrific.  My biggest gripe with regular GEMs is that they require counterbalance weights.  Really?  It's been how many years since harmonic drives became common place in manufacturing robots (with no counterweights), and they're only now making it into astro mounts?

After seeing some of the connectors that are still common in astronomy setups it doesn't surprise me they've been slow to adopt.  £200 for an ipolar that still uses a mini usb!

3 hours ago, Ratlet said:

After seeing some of the connectors that are still common in astronomy setups it doesn't surprise me they've been slow to adopt.  £200 for an ipolar that still uses a mini usb!

I still see some used electronic setups relying on RS-232 connectors in the classifieds.  I think to myself, how would I rig up a way to talk to it?  Some sort of USB dongle?  What about drivers?

• 2 weeks later...

@Space Hopper @TakMan @Mr Magoo

The DM6 arrived today and this mount is very well built, I must say that I am impressed to say the least. The mount looks great and the transaction very smooth. Tom Peters is a very good guy and everything from the saddle to the extension looks fantastic. I purchased the Starbeam adapter as well.

Gerry

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 2