Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The heron galaxy(take two)

rich_t

I posted a pic of these interacting galaxies in Canes Venatici a few weeks ago but it was taken through poor skies and I decided it need some more focal length. This one's taken with the LX90/EQ6 @F6.3 instead of F4.

Due to me setting the camera to take 4 sec subs instead of 4 min subs when I left it running and went inside, I've get a lot less 4min subs than I planned! I tried to re-take them but most had trailed for some reason. In think about 9 or 10 4min subs got used in the end for L. The colour went slightly better, 5*5min.

According to my book, NGC5395(main galaxy) is mag 11.4, 2.9'x1.6'

NGC5394 is mag 12.1, 2.9'x1.6'.

In the end it's come out better than the last one, the arcs around the core of 5394 show up now.

The subs were taken a couple of weeks ago before the moon got in the way, just got round to processing it.

Thanks for looking, Rich.

post-13484-13387736564_thumb.jpg

This is an outstanding image and was hoping to give it a go myself as colliding galaxies are very exciting but this is very beautiful duo too and needs longer fl. JohnH.

Archived