Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've just published two astronomy books!

kev100

3 hours ago, Mike Q said:

My copy of Demystifying will be here this coming Friday.  

Hi. I do hope you find it useful to some extent, it's primarily aimed at absolute beginners 👍

6 hours ago, kev100 said:

Hi. I do hope you find it useful to some extent, it's primarily aimed at absolute beginners 👍

I consider myself a beginner.  Only been at this for about 2 years.  I also have no issues supporting the little guy. 

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Hi Kevin! I wrote a review of your wonderful book, I only wish I was a more talented writer, I hope I was able to do it justice. 

Hi @Sunshine thank you so much for the review (I've read it twice already 😃, and I'm sure I'll reread it several times more). I'm so grateful for the effort and time you put in to it. 

Cheers,

kev 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Q said:

Well your book has made it to the USofA.   What a great little book for beginners.  It will be handy for beginners.  Well done Kevin

IMG_20230210_184253647.jpg

Hi Mike, I'm glad it got there ok. I'd really appreciate your thoughts/ critiques etc when you get a chance. 

Cheers,

Kev 

3 hours ago, kev100 said:

Hi Mike, I'm glad it got there ok. I'd really appreciate your thoughts/ critiques etc when you get a chance. 

Cheers,

Kev 

Will do

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the kind comments and feedback. It's been ... emotional ... 🙂

To those of you who read the books, I'd be eternally grateful if you would leave a short review on Amazon...

No worries if not 👍

Cheers,

Kev 

1 hour ago, RobertI said:

Just ordered “A decade in stargazing”. 🙂 Also thinking about getting ‘Demystifying’ for my friend who is just starting out - I have lent him my Heritage 130P and he’s had a squint at the moon already. 

Thank you. Really hope you enjoy it 🙂👍

I just finished reading a book titled 'The Stargazing Year'.  It was about the struggles of an amatuer astronomer trying to build and observatory in his back yard.

Looking forward to reading your book 

Brian

Horwitz-DeRemer Planetarium

Waukesha, Wi

• Like 1

On 12/02/2023 at 15:39, kev100 said:

Thank you. Really hope you enjoy it 🙂👍

Just read your book Kevin, and I have to say I REALLY enjoyed it. I love the way you have managed to mix in descriptions of your favourite objects (some of them not so well known) with interesting backstories about where you were and what was happening at the time. And it seems like you have travelled plenty and seen much. I also like the way the book can be used either for reference or just as a good read. I think anyone on this forum would enjoy your book, whether novice or experienced. Well done and more please. :) 

[Five star Amazon review submitted 😇]

2 hours ago, RobertI said:

Just read your book Kevin, and I have to say I REALLY enjoyed it. I love the way you have managed to mix in descriptions of your favourite objects (some of them not so well known) with interesting backstories about where you were and what was happening at the time. And it seems like you have travelled plenty and seen much. I also like the way the book can be used either for reference or just as a good read. I think anyone on this forum would enjoy your book, whether novice or experienced. Well done and more please. :) 

[Five star Amazon review submitted 😇]

Wow, Rob, that’s awesome, thank you 👍 . It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed it. As for more, well, I’m thinking hard about what to write about next … 🙂. Thank you ☺️ 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...